Friday, August 16, 2013

momma friends

I don't know what I'm supposed to feel.  It is tough when my friends they talk about their typical children that are the same age as my angel.  I am happy for them, their children are wonderful.  Really.  But I don't say much because they just can't relate to being an ASD parent.  Then I noticed there is this whole community out there of autism parents so I read websites and blogs from those parents and suddenly I feel so guilty for feeling like people couldn't understand my world because these other parents have way more they are dealing with.  My angel is so high functioning they would laugh.  I can't relate to them just as much (or more) as my friends with typical children can't relate to me.  So who can I talk to about what it is like.  I don't want someone to feel sorry for me, I want someone who can relate to me.  Truth is, every kid with ASD is different, heck, every kid is different.  Real friends may be those with typical children, may be those with autistic children, or they may be those in another situation.  Maybe they can't relate, but they learn how to be a friend even when they don't understand.  Those are the real friends

No comments:

Post a Comment