Tuesday, April 23, 2013

habit training

One of the big struggles we have had is with potty training.  Still not sure what all the difficulty stems from.  Suffice it to say that it has been the greatest source of discord in our home.  Over the past 4 years I have tried absolutely everything I could think of to make progress in this area. I've talked to people, read books, searched the interenet, everything.  We finally conquered the daytime wet training a couple of years ago, but could never get the solids.  Recently I read (another) book on potty training, this time one specifically for children with autism or other developmental difficulties.  One of the suggestions was habit training.  Thinking about my angel, I thought, this might actually work.  Thing is, it takes a long time to see if it produces results.  We have been doing it for a week now and have had one success, which is a big deal.  I am crossing my fingers and praying and really, really hoping this works.

No comments:

Post a Comment