Thursday, January 24, 2013

long term

Our angel had always been just that- an angel.  He came into this world as a huge blessing and he is still a magnificent blessing!  He was such an easy baby, always easy to feed and a great sleeper.  He was almost always mellow and easy to please. People said we were spoiled and they were right.  He was a late talker and a late walker, but nothing too unusual.  We noticed a limp when he started walking and he had to undergo hip surgery at the precious age of 19 months, followed by a cast, follow up surgery and a brace.  That was a very traumatic experience for all of us, but 100% heal-able.  Once he was healed, that was it.  Nothing to worry about ever again.  I told myself I was able to handle it because I knew it would end.  When we started to worry about language and social delays with him I coped by telling myself that this would be a hurdle we could overcome and be done with too.  I told myself it was just a delay and we would catch him up and that would be the end of it.  I think sometimes I still subconsciously allow myself to think that.  But the truth is, this is a long term deal. He will be fine and we will all overcome, but it will take a lot of time and effort and it will not be cut and dry.  New things will pop up and we will feel like we are starting all over again. But I have absolute faith that he will be successful in life and that he will be happy.  We can do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment